Optimal Efficiency in TEM Operations
At J. Kraft Microscopy, we can help you achieve the best performance from your TEM system, ensuring your microscope meets the demands of your application. We provide full repair, rebuild, maintenance, consulting and training services that enable you to operate your TEM at optimal efficiency. We also offer a large inventory of used equipment and consumables. Our team is recognized for experience, expertise, and prompt service across brands and in a range of industries.
Whether your application is large or small, our aim is to help you get the best return on your microscopy investment. In fact, when you partner with J. Kraft Microscopy, we will design our TEM services to fit your precise needs. From replacing a single component to rebuilding your entire microscope, we’re not happy until your TEM is in “like new” condition and you are fully satisfied with its performance.
Whether your TEM requires major reconditioning, a minor repair, you are ready to upgrade to a newer one, or you need help selling an old one, contact J. Kraft Microscopy. We will advise you of your options, help you determine the best-fit solution for your unique application and budget, and provide guidance and support every step of the way.
To request a quote for microscopy services, please complete our Service Request Log.
Servicing TEMs Used for Asbestos Analysis in France
Current legislation in France requires companies to test for asbestos on all construction sites. If you’re using a TEM for asbestos analysis and are in need of preventive maintenance, or access to equipment or spare parts, turn to J. Kraft Microscopy.
Our service options can be broken down into two categories: major and minor.
Major service will be performed annually and includes:
- Performance check of instrument, including high voltage, alignment, and vacuum system.
- Detailed check of each aperture’s condition and replacement when necessary.
- Cleaning exterior of column and controls.
- Performing minor repairs that may be hampering usability (such as replacing blown lamps, cleaning “sticky” buttons, etc.).
- Conditioning gun to maximum kV attainable by instrument.
- Performing alignment touch-up, paying special attention to illumination system, which is most responsible for diffraction problems.
- Checking centering and travel on goniometer.
- Cleaning and lubricating specimen exchange rod.
- Inspecting pneumatic system for potential problems that need to be addressed.
- Inspecting HV cable for any evidence of arcing or potential failure.
Minor service is conducted semi-annually and includes:
- Complete removal and inspection of goniometer.
- Cleaning and lubrication of goniometer.
- Replacing O-rings on specimen rod and goniometer.
- Re-calibration of goniometer positioning stops and sensors.
- Cleaning of all strip aperture holders.
- Cleaning and/or replacement of strip apertures.
- Changing RP oil.
- Inspecting vacuum lines for cracking and hardening; replacing if needed.
- Verifying adjustment of Piranni gauges on vacuum system and adjusting if necessary.
- Verifying power supply voltages.
- Examining cooling water output for sediment/particulates.
- Draining, cleaning, and refilling chiller (if present).
- Flushing chiller lines, checking for leaks and repairing where necessary.
- Performing any additional repairs noted during previous minor service.
Keep up with demand and protect your TEM investment. Contact our microscopy experts today.